Job Id: 281
Contact: Tina Jennings
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Expires: 31 May 2013
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will be reporting on day-to-day basis to Design Office Team Leader. The successful candidate will be accountable to Support & Development Manager (line manager & budget holder.)
The main duties will include:
• To prepare design schemes; including associated calculations, technical drawings and other technical documentation in support of development engineering and capital engineering projects – liaising with manufacturers / suppliers and other external organisations where appropriate.
• To ensure design schemes, drawings, specifications, etc. are checked/ approved and issued according to company. procedures, including sign-off by relevant Technical Authorities.
• To perform other related duties incidental to the nature of the work.
• To ensure work complies with company and external regulations, standards and codes.
• To raise work requests and recharge hours to relevant cost centres as appropriate.
HNC/HND/BEng or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Technical knowledge with experience in:
• Process design: process layouts, P&IDs, etc. (prefereable)
• Pressure systems and equipment, including HP piping (preferable)
• Design of mechanical components and mechanisms (essential)
• Design of fabricated and welded structures (preferable)
• Materials: metals and plastics, their properties and compatibilities (e.g. oxygen)
• Fluid mechanics
• Design standards and codes related to the above
• Manufacturing processes
• Process or chemical engineering industry (desirable but not essential)
• Fluid/gas equipment: pumps, valves, etc. (desirable but not essential)
• Knowledge and experience in best design office practices and trends
• Technical administration and product data management systems
• Engineering design and drawing
• CAD: AutoCAD and Solidworks (essential)
• Design / product engineering / project engineering background
In the following locations:
Havant, Farnbourgh, Portsmouth, Southampton & Bournemouth
By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.