Job Id: 194
Contact: Tina Jennings
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Expires: 31 May 2013
Our client is a first tier supplier to the global aviation Industry, a leader in the manufacturing of highly complex areostructures and engine products.
They are looking to recruit the role of Design Engineer to work as part of the Engineering Team. This is a critical supervisory/hands on design role, reporting directly to the Design Team Leader Key Accountabilities for the role include:
• Supporting the leaders within the design department in identifying the requirements of a task within the team, establish good working relationships with key stakeholders, estimate the work content, technically work within a team of designers.
• Ensuring that the team activities follow appropriate quality management procedures for defining technical content and project reporting.
• Liaising with customers to report progress and ensure tasking is completed to time cost and quality.
• Providing engineering input to technical, commercial and contract reviews within the company.
• Defining initial design data through maturity stages and into production.
• Incorporating upgrade modifications into the drawing set and providing design solutions.
• Working with a team to create and update detail and assembly drawings, incorporating engineering change notes, achieving delivery to time cost and quality.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
• Extensive Aircraft Structures Design Experience – Primary and Secondary Structures
• Applicants should have a sound background in Aerospace Engineering with experience in designing and developing metallic and composite components, creating and updating detail and assembly models / drawings.
• Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programmes and time-scales.
• Previous experience of checking drawings would be an advantage but the ability to move towards holding approved signatory status is desirable.
• Relevant Degree, Qualification or proven experience within the design engineering sector.
• Occasional international travel will be required
• Previous experience of working with external clients would be highly beneficial.
Technical Systems knowledge as follows:
• Use of CATIA V5 and associated PLM packages.VG would be advantageous.
• CATIA V5 –Advanced Surfacing Knowledge & use of Parametrics
• Experience of incorporating engineering change and upgrade modifications into existing design standards.
• Experience of quality management systems, configuration control and liaison with customers and suppliers. Essential personal characteristics include:
• Expertise in working with Outsource Service/Offload providers.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to influence stakeholders across the organisation
• Must be of keen intellect and able to juggle varied and abstract concepts
• Able to constructively challenge & influence at all levels.