AM Design Engineer
Job Id: 215
Contact: Jon Surman
Salary: 30,000 - 35,000
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Expires: 08 June 2012
Our client is a first tier supplier to the global aviation Industry, a leader in the manufacturing of highly complex areostructures and engine products. This is a design role for a candidate with good ability in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and modelling. Ideally knowledgeable or at least keen to learn about the relative design flexibility of various Additive Manufacturing (AM) processes, the Design Lead will be responsible for the creation of new legacy and novel aerospace components built using AM, as well as helping to produce new Quality procedures for their design.
- The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include designing and modifying aerospace parts for novel manufacturing processes.
- Structural optimisation of components
- Learning of novel and cutting-edge topology optimisation software
- Support for in-depth stress analysis of parts using specialist software
- Contribution to the creation of new Quality procedures for design
- Presentation of results at all levels internal and external to the company
Aerospace design experience not essential but would be an advantage – e.g. covering aero-structures and / or aero-engines. A requirement of Degree-qualified (or equivalent) Design Engineer, with a proven track record in design using CATIA and other design software.
This is a key role for the production of new design methodologies in the application of novel AM production techniques to aerospace components. Success in this role will contribute to completely novel parts qualified for flight.